Not to long ago I posted about a book I recently read called Wikinomics. As I said before the book is about how collaboration projects like Wikipedia and many others are changing the face of the internet. However the idea of collaboration is much more widespread and is affecting the business world much more than most of us can even imagine. I came across a new kind of collaboration today, an organization called MyFootballClub.
MyFootballClub is a UK based organization looking to bring the power of collaboration to the world of professional soccer. The group plans to purchase a mid-tier English football club and build it into a Premier Division side in the future. The way it works is people sign up for a subscription that costs £35 (about $70) and the become members. “They (members) will own the club, vote on team selection, decide which players to buy and sell and guide the club up the leagues.”
As a member you can:
- join other members on our private forum
- read exclusive news on the takeover progress
- be the first to find out which club is purchased
- cast crucial votes to shape our club’s future
- be part of a community that will make football history