For the last few months I’ve been working on a project to migrate our analytics from Adobe Analytics and Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM) to Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (GTM). The project encompasses 3 main sites with around a half million visits per month, plus about 9 other smaller or internal sites.
The motivation for the change was an effort to simplify our analytics as well as to replace an overly complex implementation that was in my opinion botched by the vendor we used to implement it. Plus, there’s a small cost difference since we have found that the free version of Google Analytics suits our needs currently. We also have the option to upgrade to the paid version in the future if needed.
Today will be filled with testing, but once it all settles down I’ll post a full report on how the migration went and the pros and cons of the two platforms as well why we decided Google was a better choice.